Denim

Monday, January 16, 2012

I Didn't Do It Mommy!

My poor Shaylee bug tried closing our bedroom door this morning. To her great surprise it fell over. She just stood there, in the doorway, as look of fear engulfed her sweet face and I reached for the camera on the bedside table. Her little bottom lip popped out, then tears formed and flooded her cheeks. I held my arms out and she ran to me. I held her close, rocking her, as she cried the words, "Mommy I didn't do it. Mommy I didn't do it." in between sobs.

I wiped her tears and lifted her head to look into her blue terror filled eyes. I assured her she didn't do it and mommy wasn't mad at all. She hugged me tight and whispered, "thanks you mommy".

A moment passed and she asked who did do it. Parker and Hunter had been rough housing a few days prior and pulled the hinges from the door. Grandpa hadn't fixed it because he is wanting them to help.

Shaylee had an instant smile. "Sos mines Hunter and Parter did it?" she asked. I reassured her they did. Then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Did you tells them no, no don't doos that?"

There isn't a single job out there that's as hard, heartbreaking, or stressful as parenthood. But I wouldn't give it up for the world. Nothing is as enjoyable, self-fulfilling, full of love and humorous as the job of a mommy!

1 comment: