Denim

Saturday, January 7, 2012

It's Great To Be Eight!

Hunter was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints today! He's been looking forward to it all year and it was almost unbearable for him when he found out we delayed it a month due to being with his dad on his birthday.

Towards the end of December I took my Hunter baby out to pick a new tie and of course he had to have one in his fav color... pink! I love that my little man isn't afraid to be who he is and tell the entire world.

My sister, Andrea, took his eight year pictures (I borrowed the one above before it could be edited...shhhh) and put together his invite for me. It was hard giving in not making them by hand this time, but I think they turned out amazing. The only job I had in it all was to deliver them.
Hunter, his grandpa and I met at the church early so any last minute things could be taken care of, they could change into white clothing and I could get a picture or two of them together on my little man's special day.

We all met in the chapel for a wonderful program in which my sister Andrea (right), her friend Tamran(left) and Tamran's friend (not shown) sang "Be Still, My Soul". I had no idea my sis could sing like she did. After the program Hunter and all of the people who came to support him gathered in the baptismal font room. The little ones sat up front right next to the font so they could see. Hunter had asked my Uncle Randy and Grandpa Tom to be his witnesses so one stood on either side. Hunter's foot popped up on the first try so my dad lightly stepped on his feet and tried again... the second time was a successful immersion!

Hunter and my dad left the font to change. The rest of our group gathered in another room and sang primary songs while waiting. I passed around a journal for all to sign so my son could remember his special day and those he shared it with. Hunter came walking in the room with a ginormous smile and sat down right by me. I put my arm around him and squeezed him tight telling him I was so proud of his choice.

Bishop Paulos gave a few remarks. Then Hunter went up to the front, sat on a chair, and the priesthood holders who were there circled around him placing their hands upon his head. My dad gave him his confirmation blessing giving him the gift of the holy ghost and making him an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Afterwards we all gathered in our "new" home for a light brunch. My sister and I had made 192 mini muffins, 30 cinnamon rolls, and 4 egg and hash brown casseroles (recipe courtesy of my friend Jamie). we also had fruit, chocolate milk, milk and juice. The kids seemed to love the little muffins. Hunter completely filled a plate and ate them all. Tanner filled his plate telling all he was having a muffin party! He sat next to the bar on the floor to eat them with his bestest friend.
















All in all it was a wonderful day spent with my kiddos, family and friends. And I am one mommy who couldn't be prouder of the choices her kiddos are making.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for him! When I taught his class almost two years ago I told them all that their baptisms would be an exciting event... and pretty much all of them told me, "We know."

    ReplyDelete