Denim

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

My boys are amazing little gentlemen and I'm so proud of them. This morning they came into my room to find me sick. They asked if they could let me rest and give me my mother's day surprises a little later. Then they all went downstairs to the kitchen and made themselves breakfast. They let me rest until around 10am. Parker came in my room with the camcorder and directed each of the kids to give me their gifts. Tanner gave me a darling card made on purple paper and book mark with his picture. Hunter gave me a handmade butterfly, a book on what he loves about me and a marigold with a picture drawn on the pot. Then Shaylee gave me a beautiful crepe paper flower (made by Parker). Parker handed off the camcorder to Hunter and presented me with a handmade card on green paper and the second lovely crepe paper flower he'd made for me. Their gifts brought tears to my eyes. Simple and homemade gifts mean so much more than any store bought gift ever could. Later in the day we were visited by grandma Charlene. We went to dinner at Grandpa and Grandma Susie's and when we came home grandma Leann stopped by. Mota had a creative moment and made me a flower from chocolate dipped strawberries, banana and pineapple. I wish I had a picture, but it was gobbled up before I could get to the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment