Denim

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Last Game

Sadly Parker's basketball season came to an end today, but he had an amazing last game. I was trying to take pictures so I only saw him make 4 baskets. However, he claims to have made 6! What made this season great was his amazing coach who's main goal was teaching the fundamentals and making sure the kids had fun. I believe that's why Parker has loved the game so much and improved by leaps and bounds this year. As you can see I'm not a seriously competitive kind of mom. I don't really believe it's good for my kids to feel like they need to win at all costs. Don't get me wrong, winning is awesome and defiantly the goal . . . but why play the game if it's not fun? For now I want my kids to be kids, to have as much fun in life as they possibly can with the least amount of stress, yet still learn responsibility. I know it's a tall order, but I also know it's the only time in life where they're blessed with no worries. I believe this basketball season has been just that. Parker learned responsibility while having fun being a kid. He had such an amazingly fun time that he's already talking about playing again next year. It's a fabulous feeling when your able to help your kids find joy and happiness in something they love to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment