Denim

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bird Feeders & Fliers

It doesn't look like the sprinkler season will be starting any time soon so Mota decided to offer aeration and fertilization after several of our neighbors asked him to. This was a great idea, but action had to be taken immediately. I printed up fliers last night, stapled elastics to them this morning and headed out pushing my youngest two in a stroller. It took me almost 2 hours to pass out 100 fliers. 2 hours is a huge chunk of time when your day is already jam packed full. I had to make up the time somewhere so I cheated and bought cookies instead of making them...shhh. You see, I was the den mom in charge today and promised to bring snicker doodles. I knew exactly what activity I was doing with the boys too, I just had to get it all together. We made bird feeders with bagels, peanut butter, bird seeds, strawberry baskets and cheerios. The cubs all said they had a great time. After scouts my boys passed out another 100 fliers in a series of races. It only took them 40 minutes and they had a blast! I guess that goes to show...anything can be fun if you make it into a game. ;)




{Parker-left & Hunter-right showing off their bird feeders}

No comments:

Post a Comment